So we get to have a big adventure at the hospital next week. Aidan is going in on Monday for a video EEG. They check you in on Monday and you get to leave when they’re good and ready to let you go. (I’m pretty sure they said Portland, not Guantanamo). Normally 2-5 days. I’m planning on leaving in 24 hours. Of course, the last time I said that we stayed for three months. I’m glad the doctors want to dig deeper and this is certainly no crisis. Actually, the biggest crisis is that I, with Aidan, will be confined to the hosiptal room the entire time. No little visits to the trains or fish tanks. So I’ve compiled a list of how I can pass the time.
1. Hang “Free Aidan” signs out the window and gather a crowd to demand his release.
2. Try out Liam’s new box of pranks on the nurses. Who wouldn’t want to take a piece of gum from a cutie like Aidan and get squirted in the face?
3. Every time someone walks into the room I’ll say, “We need Dr. Shepherd, stat!” He is a Mainer, after all, and a neurologist to boot. Don’t start in on the “he’s not real” business with me.
4. Bust out my new karaoke machine and rock it all night long.
5. Dress Aidan in scrubs and have him diagnose the other kids with his PECS symbols : You are sad/tired/hungry/sick.
Any other suggestions?